Monday, May 12, 2008

Hope i the Filipino youth.



I believe that there is still hope for our country. I believe in the power of change and in the will that lies on each and everyone of us. I believe that one evident member of our society, The youth, is a catalyst of change.

When I was in Highschool, my favourite afternoon subject was Filipino. My teacher, a former activist, would ask trivial questions about our country and invoke us into a debate. He would quote from the Bible while we reason with what we experience and what we see in our everyday life. As I look back now, if every youth is as active in participating and doing acts for the country I believe that there is still hope.

In College, our university's president is a spokesperson for the Opposition. I was a part of the student council officer then, so we were encourage to go to this certain rally for truth. With this, I can clearly see that youth is really their weapon to fight and make their minds liberal. During the rally, I see hopeful wishes and testimonials from other youth activist that made me realize how idealistic we can be.

A once great Hero said that The Youth is the hope of our nation. I believe in this wholeheartedly. As a member of this group, I pray, that the youth's heart will flame for the Love of our Country and its people.

No comments: