Saturday, May 17, 2008

Same-Sex Marriage..Why or Why not?



essay :
It was the third day of our accent training and we were asked to make an essay answering the question "Do you agree with same sex marriage? Why or why not? We were given 15 minutes to finish the essay and after that we have to read it in front of the class.

Here's my answer...

"Our culture taught us that Adam is for Eve, and not Adam for Adam or Eve for Eve. We are trained to believe that the things are for that, and not for others. it is somewhat ironic that in a land where freedom reigns, the concept of choice (the choices you make in life) are being suppressed (I don't know if I'm being exaggerated). It is not about "who" and "what" kind of relationship are you into. It is about "how much do you love each." And "love" does not only belong to those people who keep on saying to themselves that they are "normal"; but to everybody...to everyone, no matter what your sexual orientation is.

This is happiness, right? And happiness is not for some, but for all."

After reading my essay in front, my batchmates were just looking at me. I dont know what they are thinking. But that was a queer reaction

No comments: