Monday, May 12, 2008

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON GAY MARRIAGE?



However I wanted to be civil, I can help but shake my head over this issue. I was influenced by my catholic upbringing that marriage is a sacred thing that can only be instituted on a man and a woman. I would clearly be giving up all that I was taught and learned about the sanctity of marriage if I approve Gay Marriages.

Well, I have some gay and lesbian friends and I don't consider myself in the position of acting as their 'conscience' so as not to commit this thing which is an 'abominable sin' to the catholic faith. But come to think of this: it is not only against the catholic doctrines but that of the other religions as well. I remember reading the story of Sodom and Gomorrah which is a classic example of the punishment inflicted by God Himself on the perverted inhabitants of the doomed cities. If God then was so enraged by this kind of perversion, I can't help but ask, "How is He feeling now?"

The gays and lesbians might lash at me if they read this. Please listen, my brothers and sisters, I do respect you as a total person. I just don't approve of you marrying the same gender as you have. I would be on the 'No No List' of voters if there would be a referendum passed to ratify Gay Marriages Law.

I am thankful God is still patient with us. That we are still alive is enough proof of that. So, why do we have to wait to suffer the same fate of Sodom and Gomorrah? My brothers and sisters (gays and lesbians), please don't take us with you to doom.

No comments: